Hurricane Preparedness & Your Vehicle
Do you know how to make sure your vehicle is hurricane ready and what to do if severe weather strikes? At Paretti Mazda, we’re committed to helping you protect your investment and your family through hurricane season. There are two things to consider when it comes to your vehicle and hurricanes: being prepared to drive in severe conditions and protecting the vehicle itself.
Here are some tips to get your vehicle ready in the event of a hurricane:
- Pack emergency supplies such as non-perishable food, water, a flashlight, etc. in your trunk in case you must evacuate quickly.
- Make sure your windshield wipers are in good shape to ensure that your visibility is top-notch if you have to drive in severe conditions.
- Inspect your tires at the beginning of hurricane season and replace any that aren’t in great shape.
- Keep your auto insurance documents with your other important documents in a waterproof container so that they’re readily available.
- If a storm is on the radar and you don’t plan to leave, be sure to park your car in an area that is less likely to flood and as protected as possible from wind and hail damage.
- Fill up your gas tank as soon as possible if a storm is predicted so you won’t be struggling to find gas in severe conditions.
While all emergency situations can’t be planned, it’s important to keep up on regular vehicle maintenance year-round so your car is in good shape in the event that you must drive in severe conditions or evacuate quickly. Schedule service today if it’s been a while.
Contact the friendly service staff at Paretti Mazda to find out more about preparing for hurricane season in Metairie, LA.